Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Week 6 EOC: Me x3


Nikon D3100









The first item that defines me is my back up camera the Nikon D3100 (Nikon D90 is now my main). I have owned several other cameras but the D3100 was the first DSLR camera I had ever owned. This item was one of the first big steps I took into making the decision of being a photographer. It was the object the directed me into the right direction and it is what I’ve built off most of my experience off of.  DSLRs allow you to manipulate and control all aspects of how the photograph is taken and how it will result when fully in manual.











Sketchbooks in general (no specific brands) are the second set of items that define me. Before I realized my passion for photography could be turned into a career, my ambitions were always geared towards the art field. Drawing, coloring, and painting in my sketchbook have always been a help in my creative thinking process. When I am stumped on a photo shoot or am lacking creativity I whip out a sketch book and begin to scribble down some ideas. I first start out with descriptive words then begin to sketch out and color in the ideas, once I am fully satisfied with the ideas I execute the ideas in my sketchbooks with my camera.










Since I was a younger teen I have always had some sort of obsession with pictures frames. Weird, I know.  I own several unoccupied frames. Now that my passion for photography has grown my obsession for frames has grown as well. Every time I roam through a store that has a home section I’m always fighting my urges to walk through the isle of picture frames. If I don’t fight the urges I end up out of the store with a bag full of frames. I’ve successfully filled up half of my wall in my bedroom of empty picture frames.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment